Want to start achievement hunting? Not sure where to begin? Not a problem! Each Fortnight TheDr will go over some achievement hunting, with tips on where to begin.
From Dalaran we are going to follow the route below around Northrend and then around the Eastern Kingdoms.
1. Start in Dalaran and head north into Icecrown. Here you can grab the Glacier Penguin.
2. From Icecrown head southwest into Sholazar Basin. Grab the Tickbird here. They are generally found riding on the horns of other animals.
3. Head south into Borean Tundra. You can /love the Tundra Penguin, Borean Marmot and Arctic Hare here.
4. Next fly east, all the way over to Grizzly Hills. You are looking for the Mountain Skunk here. Be careful if you are Horde though as the highest concentration of them is near the Alliance camp.
5. Mount up and head south into Howling Fjord for the last of the Northrend critters. Grab the Fjord Penguin, Scalawag Frog and Fjord Turkey here.
6. Next up is Twilight Highlands, I found the easiest way to get there is to head back to your capital city and take the portal to the Highlands. You can grab the Grizzly Squirrel and Huge Toad in the northwest corner of this zone.
7. Now fly South West to the Searing Gorge for the last part of the achievement. You are looking for the Lava Crab here. Now these guys are quite tiny so it might help to hit ‘v’ to turn on name plates to see them.
8. And that’s it! You should now have shown your love to all the squirrels that shared your life.
As a side note, if you are having trouble locating a specific critter you can always write yourself a macro.
Just use /tar “crittername”
/tar huge toad